Join the disaster relief project on Wednesdays at 4 p.m.
Join Legal Aid of North Carolina's disaster relief project for free live presentations on Wednesdays at 4 p.m. You can find the live stream on Facebook Live. All videos are posted to Legal Aid of North Carolina's YouTube channel after the presentation.
Past topics include:
- NC Disaster Recovery 101
- Your mental health and COVID 19
- Introduction to ReBUILD NC
- Property Insurance & Natural Disasters: SHOW ME THE MONEY! (or not)
- Don't Let Ownership Issues Stand in the Way of Recovery
- Hurricane Preparedness During a Pandemic
- Advocating for yourself in the ReBuild NC program
- Estate Planning for Rainy Weather
- How to apply for help from Legal Aid of North Carolina through the helpline
- FEMA Recoupment: What it means when FEMA asks for disaster relief money back
- Basics of becoming a non-profit for disaster recovery groups
- How Legal Aid NC may be able to help with disaster recovery & applying for ReBuild NC
- Flood Recovery: Water damage, mold, and rebuilding after a disaster
- What is estate planning and why should you consider it during disaster recovery?
Visit the Disaster Relief section of our Self-Help Library for more free legal education and self-help resources.