Assist with benefits applications and appeals
Legal Aid may be able to help clients in recovery assistance applications and the appeals processes, including ReBuild NC.
When applying, Legal Aid may be able to help with:
- Online filing if you don’t have internet service or email
- Reviewing your application before submitting
- Helping to collect the documents you need to be sent with an application
- Any deed or title concerns that come up before submitting your application
- Concerns about receiving assistance from more than one source that is used for the same purpose (Duplication of Benefits)
If you need to file an appeal, Legal Aid may be able to:
- Talk with your case manager to understand why you were denied
- Write an appeal letter for you
- Help you collect additional documentation that may be helpful in supporting your appeal
Other legal issues that Legal Aid can assist with may occur during the process of applying for assistance programs or receiving a decision from a program. We encourage survivors or Florence and Matthew to contact Legal Aid’s helpline at 866-219-5262 to learn if you qualify for Legal Aid’s services.