Legal Aid of North Carolina is a statewide, nonprofit law firm that provides free legal services in civil matters to low-income citizens. We are the only organization that can remove civil legal barriers to economic opportunity for every vulnerable North Carolinian, in order to ensure equal access to justice.
- No other legal services organization has a statewide footprint and local offices to help every NC resident, especially those in deep poverty, obtain equal access to justice.
- In 2021, we provided legal services to 22,609 people, benefitting 53,265 total individuals, with the legal and non-legal services they need to live safe, stable, self-sufficient, productive and meaningful lives.
- Legal Aid NC is fiscally responsible and well-run, spending only 10% of its financial assets on administrative costs.
- With a holistic approach to every person’s legal situation, Legal Aid NC supports clients with a wraparound approach in their most dire time of need. We help them access government assistance, healthcare, housing and safe employment with emergency services, protective orders and consumer protection.
- Our services are designed to ensure those struggling to make ends meet can live with dignity.
- We are driven by the belief that access to civil legal justice can level the playing field.
- Our attorneys, social workers and staff are committed, mission-aligned, resourceful and talented.
- Legal Aid NC gives the legal community opportunities to volunteer their time and connect to pro bono cases that are meaningful to them.
Real Life Ethics in a Virtual World
Celebrating Diversity – November and December 2022
Legal Aid of North Carolina is a civil non-profit law firm dedicated to providing equal justice…
North Carolina Navigator Consortium hosting FREE Open Enrollment event Saturday, Nov. 12
Raleigh, N.C. – In partnership with Advance Community Health, the NC Navigator Consortium is hosting a free enrollment…
Protecting veteran's housing rights
HealthCare.gov OPEN ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN THROUGH JAN. 15, 2023; HEALTH INSURANCE NAVIGATORS ARE STANDING BY TO OFFER FREE HELP
Attention NC Medicaid Beneficiaries: Notice of Proposed Settlement and Notice of Your Rights Under Franklin v. Kinsley.
Celebrate Pro Bono Week by joining us on our mission for justice!
Legal Aid NC Celebrates Diversity – October 2022
Legal Aid of North Carolina is a civil non-profit law firm dedicated to providing equal…
LEGAL AID OF NORTH CAROLINA DEBUTS NEW WEBSITE
Now legalaidnc.org is more user-friendly and accessible for clients Raleigh, N.C. – Legal Aid of North Carolina…