Legal Aid of North Carolina is a statewide, nonprofit law firm that provides free legal services in civil matters to low-income people in order to ensure equal access to justice and to remove legal barriers to economic opportunity.
Legal Aid of North Carolina is an innovative, creative, progressive, and efficient civil legal service provider to the poor, working toward an inclusive justice system of equal access. All voices are valued, heard, and respected.
- No other legal services organization has a statewide footprint and local offices to help every NC resident, especially those in deep poverty, obtain equal access to justice.
- In 2021, we provided legal services to 22,609 people, benefitting 53,265 total individuals, with the legal and non-legal services they need to live safe, stable, self-sufficient, productive and meaningful lives.
- Legal Aid NC is fiscally responsible and well-run, spending only 10% of its financial assets on administrative costs.
- With a holistic approach to every person’s legal situation, Legal Aid NC supports clients with a wraparound approach in their most dire time of need. We help them access government assistance, healthcare, housing and safe employment with emergency services, protective orders and consumer protection.
- Our services are designed to ensure those struggling to make ends meet can live with dignity.
- We are driven by the belief that access to civil legal justice can level the playing field.
- Our attorneys, social workers and staff are committed, mission-aligned, resourceful and talented.
- Legal Aid NC gives the legal community opportunities to volunteer their time and connect to pro bono cases that are meaningful to them.
Understanding Unemployment Benefits – Qualification and Initial Eligibility
Legal Aid of North Carolina Appoints Scheree Gilchrist as Chief Innovation Officer and Launches the Innovation Lab, Driving Creative Solutions for Equal Access to Justice
Bradley, Bank of America celebrate Financial Institution Pro Bono Day by providing free legal advice to Legal Aid NC clients
"Immigration Pathways for Victims (IMMPAV)" Selected as New Name for Legal Aid of NC's Battered Immigrant Project
For over two decades, the Battered Immigrant Project of Legal Aid of North Carolina has…
Elon Law students give free legal advice to Legal Aid NC clients at pro bono clinic
Formal Complaint filed against The Experiential School of Greensboro
Summary Legal Aid of North Carolina’s Right to Education Project recently filed a complaint on…