Legal Aid of North Carolina is a statewide, nonprofit law firm that provides free legal services in civil matters to low-income people in order to ensure equal access to justice and to remove legal barriers to economic opportunity.
Legal Aid of North Carolina is an innovative, creative, progressive, and efficient civil legal service provider to the poor, working toward an inclusive justice system of equal access. All voices are valued, heard, and respected.
- No other legal services organization has a statewide footprint and local offices to help every NC resident, especially those in deep poverty, obtain equal access to justice.
- In 2021, we provided legal services to 22,609 people, benefitting 53,265 total individuals, with the legal and non-legal services they need to live safe, stable, self-sufficient, productive and meaningful lives.
- Legal Aid NC is fiscally responsible and well-run, spending only 10% of its financial assets on administrative costs.
- With a holistic approach to every person’s legal situation, Legal Aid NC supports clients with a wraparound approach in their most dire time of need. We help them access government assistance, healthcare, housing and safe employment with emergency services, protective orders and consumer protection.
- Our services are designed to ensure those struggling to make ends meet can live with dignity.
- We are driven by the belief that access to civil legal justice can level the playing field.
- Our attorneys, social workers and staff are committed, mission-aligned, resourceful and talented.
- Legal Aid NC gives the legal community opportunities to volunteer their time and connect to pro bono cases that are meaningful to them.
Pro Bono Spotlight: Dylan Bensinger of McGuireWoods
Preventing Human Trafficking
ONLY 6 DAYS LEFT TO ENROLL OR UPDATE 2023 HEALTH COVERAGE!
HealthCare.gov Open Enrollment ends Sunday, Jan. 15, 2023. Raleigh, N.C. – The NC Navigator Consortium urges all…
CLE: An Introduction to Reasonable Accommodations Under the Fair Housing Act
CLE: Post-Judgment Collection Procedures
The Struggles of Affordable Housing: North Carolina Woman Issues a Final Cry for Help
NC Navigator Consortium to Host Enrollment Events Ahead of Dec. 15 Deadline for Jan. 1 ACA Health Insurance Coverage
Raleigh, N.C. – In advance of the approaching Dec. 15 Open Enrollment deadline, the NC Navigator Consortium…
LEGAL AID OF NORTH CAROLINA’S CODY DAVIS APPOINTED CHAIRPERSON OF THE NC COMMISSION FOR THE BLIND/STATE REHABILITATION COUNCIL
Duke Law students help TROSA residents to expunge criminal records, make new start
Celebrating Diversity – November and December 2022
Legal Aid of North Carolina is a civil non-profit law firm dedicated to providing equal justice…