Legal Aid of North Carolina is a statewide, nonprofit law firm that provides free legal services in civil matters to low-income people in order to ensure equal access to justice and to remove legal barriers to economic opportunity.
Legal Aid of North Carolina is an innovative, creative, progressive, and efficient civil legal service provider to the poor, working toward an inclusive justice system of equal access. All voices are valued, heard, and respected.
- No other legal services organization has a statewide footprint and local offices to help every NC resident, especially those in deep poverty, obtain equal access to justice.
- In 2021, we provided legal services to 22,609 people, benefitting 53,265 total individuals, with the legal and non-legal services they need to live safe, stable, self-sufficient, productive and meaningful lives.
- Legal Aid NC is fiscally responsible and well-run, spending only 10% of its financial assets on administrative costs.
- Legal representation in housing, family law, consumer issues, and more.
- Community education and outreach programs to empower individuals with legal knowledge.
- Collaboration with other organizations, to create a comprehensive network of support.
- Our attorneys, social workers and staff are committed, mission-aligned, resourceful and talented.
- Legal Aid NC gives the legal community opportunities to volunteer their time and connect to pro bono cases that are meaningful to them.
Legal Aid of North Carolina empowers survivors to ‘Break the Silence’ during Domestic Violence Awareness Month with new awareness campaign
RALEIGH, NC – September 25, 2023 – In response to the increase in domestic violence…