Legal Aid of North Carolina is a statewide, nonprofit law firm that provides free legal services in civil matters to low-income people in order to ensure equal access to justice and to remove legal barriers to economic opportunity.
Legal Aid of North Carolina is an innovative, creative, progressive, and efficient civil legal service provider to the poor, working toward an inclusive justice system of equal access. All voices are valued, heard, and respected.
- No other legal services organization has a statewide footprint and local offices to help every NC resident, especially those in deep poverty, obtain equal access to justice.
- In 2021, we provided legal services to 22,609 people, benefitting 53,265 total individuals, with the legal and non-legal services they need to live safe, stable, self-sufficient, productive and meaningful lives.
- Legal Aid NC is fiscally responsible and well-run, spending only 10% of its financial assets on administrative costs.
- With a holistic approach to every person’s legal situation, Legal Aid NC supports clients with a wraparound approach in their most dire time of need. We help them access government assistance, healthcare, housing and safe employment with emergency services, protective orders and consumer protection.
- Our services are designed to ensure those struggling to make ends meet can live with dignity.
- We are driven by the belief that access to civil legal justice can level the playing field.
- Our attorneys, social workers and staff are committed, mission-aligned, resourceful and talented.
- Legal Aid NC gives the legal community opportunities to volunteer their time and connect to pro bono cases that are meaningful to them.
Duke Law students help TROSA residents to expunge criminal records, make new start
Real Life Ethics in a Virtual World
Celebrating Diversity – November and December 2022
Legal Aid of North Carolina is a civil non-profit law firm dedicated to providing equal justice…
North Carolina Navigator Consortium hosting FREE Open Enrollment event Saturday, Nov. 12
Raleigh, N.C. – In partnership with Advance Community Health, the NC Navigator Consortium is hosting a free enrollment…
Protecting veteran's housing rights
HealthCare.gov OPEN ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN THROUGH JAN. 15, 2023; HEALTH INSURANCE NAVIGATORS ARE STANDING BY TO OFFER FREE HELP
Attention NC Medicaid Beneficiaries: Notice of Proposed Settlement and Notice of Your Rights Under Franklin v. Kinsley.
Celebrate Pro Bono Week by joining us on our mission for justice!
Legal Aid NC Celebrates Diversity – October 2022
Legal Aid of North Carolina is a civil non-profit law firm dedicated to providing equal…
LEGAL AID OF NORTH CAROLINA DEBUTS NEW WEBSITE
Now legalaidnc.org is more user-friendly and accessible for clients Raleigh, N.C. – Legal Aid of North Carolina…