Raleigh, N.C. – In advance of the approaching Dec. 15 Open Enrollment deadline, the NC Navigator Consortium is hosting free enrollment events to answer questions about health coverage, help consumers update their HealthCare.gov policies and enroll in new plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace®. Open Enrollment will not end until Jan. 15, 2023, but those who need coverage starting Jan.1, 2023, will need to apply by Dec. 15, 2022.
“We encourage anyone who needs coverage to come and speak with us,” said Mark Van Arnam, director of the NC Navigator Consortium. “If you need coverage for the new year, now is the time to get help and get covered.”
Upcoming Enrollment Events:
- Saturday, December 10, 2022, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Advance Community Health, 1001-1011 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh, NC 27610
- Monday, December 12, 2022, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Martin Street Baptist Church, 1001 E. Martin St., Raleigh, NC 27601
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 2 – 6 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Garner, 601 St Mary’s St., Garner, NC 27529
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Alliance Medical Ministry, 101 Donald Ross Drive, Raleigh, NC 27610
- Thursday, December 15, 2022, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Martin Street Baptist Church, 1001 E. Martin St., Raleigh, NC 27601
If consumers are unable to attend the upcoming enrollment events, they can schedule a free appointment online at ncnavigator.net or by calling 1-855-733-3711.
The NC Navigator Consortium connects consumers to qualified health plans that provide essential health benefits and preventive care, in addition to mental health care, ER care and maternity coverage, not limited by caps or pre-existing conditions. Health insurance Navigators help North Carolinians maximize their coverage by:
- Taking time with them to help avoid mistakes
- Showing all options, ensuring their providers are in-network
- Explaining terminology and processes, increasing health insurance literacy
- Assisting them with estimating their income for the year ahead, one of the most difficult parts of the HealthCare.gov application process
The NC Navigator Consortium is the only federally funded entity of its kind in North Carolina, supported in part by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Learn more at NCNavigator.net, and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Members of the Consortium are Access East, Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy, Council on Aging of Buncombe County, Cumberland HealthNET, HealthCare Access, HealthNet Gaston, Kintegra Health, NC FIELD and Pisgah Legal Services. The Consortium is led by Legal Aid of North Carolina.
Legal Aid of North Carolina is a statewide, nonprofit law firm that provides free legal services in civil matters to low-income people in order to ensure equal access to justice and to remove legal barriers to economic opportunity. Learn more at legalaidnc.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
The project described was supported by Funding Opportunity number NAVCA210405-02-00 from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The contents provided are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of HHS or any of its agencies.
Helen Hobson, Chief Communications Officer, 704-430-7616